Sunday, January 17, 2010

Tea is Served


Among the many gifts that the end of the year has bestowed upon my family, the most mundane of all turned out to be special.

My husband, knowing my interest in tea, bought me a Breville electric kettle. His thoughtful gift has allowed us to switch to tea more often (and rely less on coffee) and to explore all kinds of flavourful concoctions brewed to perfection thanks to the kettle's settings for green, white, oolong or black tea.

Brewing tea is not exactly my hobby but I enjoy trying out new kinds and sharing it with friends. There's something about drinking tea that is comforting and, if you add delicious and healthy, it sounds like a positive start for 2010.

...

Entre los regalos que este fin de año nos ha brindado, uno de los obsequios más mundanos resultó ser muy especial.

Mi esposo, conociendo mi gusto por el té, me compró la pava eléctrica Breville. Su regalo
nos permite cambiar el café por té más a menudo (y así tomar menos café) y explorar toda clase de sabrosos brebajes que se hacen a la perfección gracias a la selección de la pava para té verde, blanco, oolong o negro.

Preparar té no es exactamente un hobby para mí pero disfruto probando varias infusiones y compartiéndolas con los amigos. Hay algo acerca de tomar té que es reconfortante. Y si a eso se le suma que es delicioso y saludable, me parece que es un comienzo positivo para el 2010.

No comments: